Wednesday, June 30, 2021

I Like Thursday #99


Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of bloggers post happy and positive posts every Thursday. You can visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read these posts. I noticed these two little fawns in my backyard. They were the cutest little things! I had to take the picture through the window screen so it's not that clear. You can still see their cute spots! I never saw their mommy. I'm hoping she was hanging around in the trees and I just couldn't see her. 

I'm making some nice project quilting Star Storm. I'm quilting feathers in this particular area. I found a nifty little ruler that has some soft curves on it. It's just perfect to mark the spine for my feathers. It was a little difficult to see the spine a few times but it worked out.


We had a few storms move through our area tonight. I took this picture after I heard about the thunderstorm watch being issued. 


Nothing seemed to be happening so I thought the storms had missed us. I started to hear thunder and took this picture just to compare the way the sky looked now. These clouds were almost black! We did get some awful thunderstorms with lightning. We lost power for about 2 hours but everything is now back to normal. Nature is amazing!

Have a wonderful weekend!



10 comments:

  1. To quilt feathers is the ultimate wonderful design! You are so talented. We have had rolling thunder storms too and the skies are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! The weather has been strange this year. It was over 90 the last few days, it's close to 60 now. Very erratic!

      Delete
  2. The fawns are cute! Your feathers look nice - I find them difficult to do. Need more practice! It POURED here the other night. It's raining again now. Ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I'm so critical of my feathers. They're so hard to do well. Anyways, practice definitely helps! More rain all weekend! I'm working the weekend including Monday but off Sunday, the 4th. Makes no sense!!

      Delete
  3. Your quilting is beautiful. Mama deer was probably watching them feom afar.so cute. Yeah we have been raining a lot here too.crazy storms with the 100 temps then cool wave moving thru.yikes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! Those little deer were so cute! It looks like another cool and rainy holiday weekend. UGH!!

      Delete
  4. Loved looking at your quilting project. Great job! I'm always open for new ideas for quilting motifs and those diamonds are pretty neat. Might need to tuck that one away for me. Sweet little fawns. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susie! I love finding new quilting ideas. I'm always on the lookout! I hope you can use the diamonds sometime!

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosemary! I'm sorry those storms missed you but it looks like a slight rainbow in the last picture. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice it before but I see it now! Thanks, Roseanne!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...