Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Star Storm Quilt/Line Minder


I loaded my Star Storm quilt and was all set to start quilting. I made a little quilt motif map to follow since the middle star is echoed throughout the quilt. I wanted all the "echoes" that were radiating out from the star to have the same quilting motif since they all meet. However, we've had thunderstorms with lightning all afternoon and I was afraid to plug in my longarm. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start quilting.


 I just got this in the mail. It's just a bungee cord with moving toggles. You can mark your quilt center, edges, etc.  It's a nice way to keep the quilt straight and even.


You can see a portion of it in this picture. That white toggle is the center of my quilt. The far left toggle is the end of the quilt. That middle toggle is the midpoint of that side. It's a nice way of keeping the quilt nice and even. I'll let you know if it works!



4 comments:

  1. Hmm the quilt minder sounds like a neat idea. I have a fabric leader which I made for mine which I line up the center and every 12 inches with my quilt top. I just use sharpie to mark it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are many ways to keep your quilt straight and even. I saw this and bought it. Kind of on the lazy side!!

      Delete
  2. I have a similar item that is basically a huge measuring tape with "0" in the center and goes out each direction, also has markers on it that I can move around but I do use a tiny piece of blue painter's tape to hold them a little more tightly in place. Love it--I never have issues keeping quilts straight! [knock on wood!]

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...