Friday, June 11, 2021

Stitch in the Ditch - UGH


I've had the Star Storm quilt loaded for a little while but I just haven't been able to work on it. I did start the first few rows that were easy to access. I did some wishbone in the tiny little area at the top of the picture. I then made lines that were 1/4" inch apart alternating with 1 inch. I did some ribbon candy on the third area. And then I stopped!


The next section is more difficult since I can't get to the whole area I need to quilt. I was marking diamonds and realized my longarm isn't wide enough so I can't mark the diamonds continuously.  That's when I decided to quilt in the ditch for the entire quilt. I'll be able to more back and forth and not have to worry about not accessing any areas. It's tedious but worth it. 


I'm about 1/3 done the stitching in the ditch. I'm not that good at it so I'm hoping I get a little better at it now that I'm having all this practice. I did look up to see my help showed up! I'm not sure if she was there to help or yell at me. Either way, she made me smile!


6 comments:

  1. Awww, it is so nice to have a companion while you are sewing and your kitty is lovely!!! Hope you start getting in the groove with your stitching in the ditch! Have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! I'm quilting in the ditch quite slowly. Sometimes, it's perfect, other times, not so much! I guess it's a good learning experience.

      Delete
  2. I think stitching in the ditch is really a challenge! I avoid it when I can...good luck....
    You have such a sweet helper...enjoy hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm getting there, very slowly at times. I hope I get better at quilting in the ditch but no sure! We'll see!

      Delete
  3. Stitch in the ditch is my go to way to quilt most things, Rosemary, but for entirely different reasons than why you are using it here.
    Meanwhile, always helpful to have four eyes on the job instead of two, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! Quilting in the ditch is great as a first pass so I can move over the entire quilt when I need to. My quilting in the ditch certainly needs improvement.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...