Sunday, June 27, 2021

Quilting Star Storm


I have spent the last few weeks stitching in the ditch on my Star Storm quilt. Once that was completed, I could finally get to free motion quilt. I feel like I can finally color between the lines! As you can see, I quilted wishbones in the lighter fabric. I quilted straight lines in the blue fabric, one inch apart alternating with 1/4 inch apart. I've posted similar pictures but these areas are bigger and the design is so much easier to see.


I quilted 1/4 inch line from each seam line in the pink area. I used the ribbon candy motif in this area. 

The newest design I quilted were diamonds. It may be difficult to see but I basically marked dots 3 inches apart. I then quilted them in one direction and then back in the other direction to make the diamond. I then echoed the diamond motif within the diamond. I used the dot to dot method again. Then I went back and filled in the middle with wish bone. Phew! That took sort of a long time since I'm moving the quilt back and forth. All these spaces are at an angle and I can only see a small portion of the quilt at a time. 


Here's a closeup of the diamonds. They're not perfect and that's fine with me. I'm trying to make these designs with minimal marking. I feel like I'm learning a lot but if I would ever make this quilt again, I think I would quilt a pantograph or some other edge to edge design. This quilt is so hard to quilt with these straight strips at such an odd angle on the longarm. 




2 comments:

  1. That i quite a lot of challenging quilting you are doing--it looks great hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...