Thursday, June 24, 2021

I Like Thursday #98


 Welcome to I Like Thursday! A group of bloggers post positive and fun posts every Thursday. You can visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more of these posts. I've been working on my Star Storm quilt by stitching in the ditch. I started at the top and worked my way down. I'm at the end of the quilt! Once I'm done, I'll go back and fill in those spaces. Most of the spaces are 4 inches wide. I have created a little map so I know what motif I'll be quilting in each area. I've never quilted a quilt this way so I hope it works out!


I went to my local quilt shop this morning. I bought this fabric by Jason Yenter. I was only going to buy 2 yards but it was the end of the bolt so I bought all that was left. I'm such a sucker! Anyways, I think it's gorgeous so I'll have to figure out how to use it!


I saw this book near the register and just had to buy it. I love making table toppers and runners as gifts. There are some very interesting patterns in this book. Another item,  I just couldn't resist!                                               


I just finished reading this book. If you like mysteries and thrillers, you will love it! I read it very quickly. It's one of those books you just can't put down! The setting is high in the mountains of Switzerland in a new hotel that was once a sanatorium. Nice and creepy!! During a huge snowstorm!

This is the best part of my week. I worked a bunch of days together and I'm finally off! I hope you all have a nice weekend!

                                             
 




8 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! I can honestly understand why you purchased that fabric AND the end of the bolt. You're not a sucker - I would have done the same thing. Good luck with this different way of quilting. It sounds like you have a good handle on it. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I've started quilting Star Storm and it's working out great! I can move back and forth since the entire quilt is on one roller. Glad I did it even though I wasn't sure of what I was doing!

      Delete
  2. I love getting the end of the bolt. Those table toppers look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aweeee love all of this!! I can't resist a quilt book or reading a fun mystery either! Love to you, have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mystery/thrillers and the setting in a snowstorm while it's so hot here? Perfect. I've got it saved at my library! Does your LQS give a discount for finishing up a bolt? I love the incentive to polish it off and yes, I'm a sucker too! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the book! Yes, I got 20% off to finish off the bolt. It was too good to pass up! Thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...