Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Stitching Star Storm




I've been stitching in the ditch throughout Star Storm. I'm just a little bit over half way done. I don't do too much at once. I end up getting sloppy. I do like the effect so far. The quilt lies nice and flat. I'm looking forward to filling in between the lines with my quilting! As tedious as this is, I think it's the best way for me to go forward to quilt this on the longarm. My quilting is not perfect but I do think I'm improving the more I quilt. I'm also hoping that the quilting will look better after washing the quilt! Hopefully, my wanderings from the seam line will not be as noticeable!



I just received this in the mail. They have a very cute pouch that uses orphan pieced blocks. I love using up old blocks! I think we all have them. There are some great quilts in there too. This is one of my favorite quilt magazines. There aren't too many left, unfortunately.

4 comments:

  1. Trying to stitch in the ditch on the LA is tough. Have you seen the barn coat using an orphan block, or even cutter quilts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can improve my stitching in the ditch. Is there a pattern somewhere for the barn coat? Sounds interesting!

      Delete
  2. The star is just so gorgeous! And I love quilting magazines but there are fewer and I find a shift to more modern style is taking place also. Maybe that's just around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! I think you're right. There are less magazines and modern seems to be quite popular right now. I like a little bit of everything, not just one style.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...