Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Quilting the Scrap Pineapple Quilt


I've been working a lot the last few days. I've been knitting my shawl and sewing down the binding on my baby quilt after working the day. But today I was off and I loaded the backing and the Scrap Pineapple quilt top.  The backing is 100" wide and the quilt is 90" square so it took a little while. I just pinned one end to the longarm. I'll do the rest tomorrow. That was enough for one day!

I've been looking through my pantograph designs and I think I've settled on this one. It's called Feathered Curls by Timeless Quilting Designs. I'll take a few more days to decide for sure. I only own about 10 pantographs so my choices are limited even though I like them all. I've never quilted this design before so I'll practice it a few times before I actually start quilting!

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt pattern---it will be so beautiful...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. I finished loading the quilt today. It's on the large size and took forever!

      Delete
  2. I like the panto. I don't think I have set foot near my sewing room in a week. Nice weather and working lots translates to less sewing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never get much done the days I work. I'm too tired. I only sew or quilt the days I'm off. I make less mistakes that way!

      Delete
  3. Love that pattern you chose.it will be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemary! I love that panto that you are choosing for the pineapple quilt. It will look so pretty! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I'm practicing it without sewing. It's going to take a little while before I feel comfortable with it.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pattern on your shawl, Rosemary. ALso this quilting pattern will be so pretty on your pineapple quilt. I tried and couldn't read the sandwich recipe...on my old Acer here. Interesting name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I'm sorry you can't see the recipe. I could always email it to you if you'd like. Let me know!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...