Thursday, September 9, 2021

I Like Thursday #107


It's time for I Like Thursday! A group of bloggers write positive posts once a week. You can read more of these posts over at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color. I finished all my houses yesterday for the Color My World BOM. I have to sew the 8 groups of houses together. Then, I'll be done for this month. I love the solids together. It's definitely a different look from using prints. It looks more streamlined.

These are the rest of the Big Houses for the month of September. I was very happy to finish them up! They really are big!


A friend at work told me about this website. You'll find some great recipes and cooking tips. I plan on making the French Apple Cake. It sounds delicious!


This is my current book. It's about a group of 4 friends, all in their 30's. Something happens that makes them wonder how well they actually know each other. It makes you think about your own friendships. It's very well written as well as addictive!

That's my week! It's humid and rainy today. It's a great day to stay home and putter around!

 

10 comments:

  1. Great houses. I am going to try a new recipe for an orange pound cake. We had sun and wind. Then I went for a hike and it rained. But none of the apps forecasted rain. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Those weather apps are annoying! Mine changes constantly!

      Delete
  2. Love watching how the quilt is coming together. Puttering is a good thing - hope you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These houses are awesome; the solid colours really suit the city look. Thanks for that link; I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your houses look great! I've been working on last year's Sue Garman's Afternoon Delight. Probably won't finish it this year. I'm very excited to see the 2022 BOM. I'll check out the cooking site. I like to cook too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! This BOM is fun but I did like Afternoon Delight when I saw it. Unfortunately, the directions were no longer available. They have great BOM at The Quilt Show.

      Delete
  5. your houses are so good!!!!! I printed some of the patterns but OMG there are so many pages and so many pieces, I don't know... I love yours.
    the book sounds good for me, and french apple cake? Does it make you more chic? lol! I could use some style, and even more could use some cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, LeeAnna! If you take the houses one piece at a time, it's not really that bad. I work on 2 at a time. I seem to make better time that way. I pick all my fabrics ahead of time and just get going on it. I'll be making that cake soon. I would love to be more chic!!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...