Thursday, September 30, 2021

I Like Thursday #110

It's time for I Like Thursday! They seem to come faster every week! You can visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more happy and uplifting posts. We got the house all decorated for Fall. This is my front door. (obviously!!) I can see the backs of those little scare crows from my kitchen and I always think it's someone at my front door! I love the Fall decor but hate the colder weather as well as the upcoming Winter.


Here's the lamp post. We have orange lights on it. It looks really cute at night.


I got this orchid as a gift. It's so pretty! I hope I don't kill it off too quickly! The directions say 1/2 cup of water per week and to keep in indirect sunlight. Not sure how long it will last!


I love the colors of the hydrangea in the cooler weather. Nature makes some beautiful shades and combinations of color.

That's my week! This is an Autumn themed post. It's definitely cooler up here in New England. Don't tell anyone but I have put my heat on a few times. I hate the cold! Have a great weekend! Stay warm!!

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh your front door and lamp post are so pretty. Lovely orchid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette!! I hope I don't kill it too quickly.

      Delete
  2. Your lamp post looks awesome. I love the fall colors, but I, too, a not looking forward to the cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I wish the fall would last longer and that Winter would be quick. Too bad it doesn't work that way!

      Delete
  3. Your fall decorations are pretty. Your orchid looks good too.my Dad still has one I gave him years ago. Yes it's cold when I leave for work.. brrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! So cold this morning! Wasn't it hot a month ago????

      Delete
  4. Our overnight temps are definitely cooling down. Meanwhile love what you did with the post and I can imagine how neat it would look at night with lights. A hint about the orchid...3 ice cubes a week just put on the top of the soil is enough water. I need another one as I love their blooms. I managed to keep one alive for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I'll let you know how it goes!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosemary! Your front door and yard look so welcoming for the season. I can imagine the scarecrows would throw you off when looking at the door from the kitchen! It gives you a start, for sure. I've always heard that one ice cube for an orchid works well. I've never tried it, though. It looks like Jocelyn has!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I'm following your advice for the orchid too! Thank you!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...