Thursday, September 2, 2021

I Like Thursday #106

Welcome to I Like Thursday! I'm so glad I'm able to post today. We had the remnants of Hurricane Ida overnight and I wasn't sure what I'd wake up to. We have power and got close to 3.7" of rain. Everything is soaked but we made it through just fine! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun posts. My first picture shows the two fawn that keep visiting my yard. They're adorable and always seem to be together. They're fun to watch!

I started my houses for September for the Color My World BOM. These houses are big and take awhile. I got 2 done today but they took much longer than I expected. I have 6 more to make this month. 

I started to quilt my table runner. I'm making arcs in the 4 patches. I stitched in the ditch before I quilted the arcs. I think it makes everything sharper although stitching the ditches is not fun! I'm using Aurifil cotton thread on the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin.


Some quilters free motion their arcs. I don't like to leave anything to chance so I use this little circle. It's quick and always looks nice. You just have to place it properly, 1/4 inch from the corners. Other than that, it's easy peasy!

That's my week. I hope we don't get anymore rain or hurricanes. This has been such a wet summer. I hope that doesn't mean the winter is going to be bad. 

 

10 comments:

  1. Your fawns are pretty. My quilter has wheel locks for stitching in the ditch....I have them somewhere in my house. But you lock the wheels so they can't move backward and forward only side to side. Where did you get your ruler to make the arcs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to buy the wheel locks but not sure how to use them. I bought my ruler as a set from Nancy's Notions. It's a bunch of circles that fit into each other so you get a bunch of different sizes. HandiQuilter has something similar as well. They sure come in handy!

      Delete
  2. Nice arc quilting on this runner!! Our deer keep setting off our driveway dinger!!
    We had 6+" of rain--but no damage...thankfully.
    Looks like the coming week will be lovely weather--we need that!!
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! We deserve some nice weather. It's been pretty awful lately. No more rain!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! I am one of those freehand arch quilters. That is TOTALLY uncharacteristic for me, as I much prefer your way with nearly perfect circles. My issue is that I don't have a nifty, little circle that fits nicely. I need to expand my rulers just a wee bit because I hate that the quilting isn't neater. Thanks for sharing your photo! It really helped me realize what I need to use. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting new rulers but they're so expensive! I usually wait for a sale. I love the precision from rulers. I can't always rely on my free hand quilting. HandiQuilter has a nice set of circle ruler.

      Delete
  4. Cool - I like your quilting! Cute fawns! I know there's one around here but haven't seen it all month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it through the Hurricane okay. I love your little doors and it so nice to see your deer! Have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...