Monday, November 14, 2022

Christmas Table Runner

I'm still working on finishing up Christmas gifts but I started a project for me! I've made this table runner as gifts for friends but never made one for myself. I bought a charm pack awhile ago so I thought I'd better start now it if I want to use it this Christmas season.


This table runner is made up of 12 rows made up of 4 squares. I didn't have enough squares in my charm pack so I found a few matching fabrics in my stash. Flying Geese are made with the squares to give us that pretty Sawtooth Star block throughout the runner.  I changed the pattern a little. I liked the flying geese to be all the same size. The pattern called for 2 sizes to make it look a little more whimsical. I like symmetry too much to do that!


This is the book I'm using for the pattern. There are 3 books in the series and each book has great patterns. I have all 3 and I love them all!


 

6 comments:

  1. This will be so pretty on your table for the Holidays!!
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be gorgeous Rosemary! Such a fun sew -)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raewyn! So nice to make something that doesn't take forever!!

      Delete
  3. Awe that is going to be a nice runner. I love the stars in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. That's one of the fabrics I had in my stash. I added a few fabrics but they seem to blend well.

      Delete

Boston Meetup

We drove into Boston Saturday morning and met my friend, Sarah, and her husband Simon. Their cruise ship docked near the Seaport area so we ...