Thursday, November 10, 2022

I Like Thursday #165


It's time for Thursday Likes! A group of us bloggers post happy and uplifting posts. Please visit Not Afraid of Color to link up to similar blogs. I looked out my window Saturday and found this cute squirrel sitting on a branch, just sort of relaxing! The weekend was so warm that I think he was a bit confused! I can't blame him! I heard there weren't very many acorns this year. I'm not sure how true that is. 

I don't do too much decorating for Thanksgiving but I did put up these kitchen towels. I had to take down the Halloween decorations and thought the house looked sort of empty. It won't be much longer and those Christmas decorations will be everywhere!

This week's prompt was apple cider. I don't drink apple cider. It never seems to agree with me. However, apple cider doughnuts are just the opposite. They go down a bit too easily! There's a local orchard that always has them. I'll have to say that I've bought them at the grocery store and they taste pretty good too. I guess I'm not too fussy!


I am obsessed with this book! It's the story of Lucrezia de Medici. She was born in Florence, Italy in 1545. She was married off at the age of 15. Her marriage was short and unhappy. Of course, much of the book is fiction, but it's written using the historical timeline of Lucrezia's life. This book was so good. I plan on reading more books by Maggie O'Farrell. This book read like classical literature. What talent!

That's it for this week! Happy Veteran's Day! Have a great weekend!
 

11 comments:

  1. That is a healthy looking squirrel. I hope he found enough acorns to hideaway for cold weather. I love decorating for Thanksgiving...except its usually just more fall stuff. The apple cider doughnuts sound delish. Hope you have a nice weekend. We're forecast to get rain here in the mountains from the tropical storm. Will be a good time to get some cleaning, sewing and stitching done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting that rain too. I hope we don't get too much wind. Hope you get lots of sewing done!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary, Yes, the squirrels are busy these days. I have one grey one and one black that visit amongst the many little red ones. Those doughnuts sure look good. And that book sounds good too. I have a true appreciation for authors who can write historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always like historical fiction. They're so interesting! I like romantic comedies but I get sick of them and go back to historical fiction!

      Delete
  3. Those apple cider doughnuts look delicious. I like your towels. I can't believe Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. I think Thanksgiving always creeps up on us!

      Delete
  4. ahhhh donuts.... that was my favorite use of cider but not here. I did some research on Lucrezia maybe on youtue history? they said that about her, not a horror just a woman who survived the times.
    Kind of like us in a way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Donuts are always good! Poor Lucrezia had such a sad life but definitely of the time.

      Delete
  5. Yummy! I love apple cider doughnuts too! While I have lots of Halloween decorations, I don't have much in the way of Thanksgiving. This year I added a Fall wall hanging and I'm actually working on another smaller one with embroidery. It's all fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is fun! I feel Thanksgiving gets shortchanged when it comes to decorating. I'm lucky I found those towels!

      Delete
  6. Do squirrels ever really relax? ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...