Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Voting and Stitching!


I voted this morning around 11:00. We've always voted at the elementary school around the corner. I was so surprised to see a line there. I had to wait over 30 minutes. It was tough to find a parking spot. I hope that means people are taking the midterms seriously. I guess we'll find out later!


I'm sewing down binding on a few of my Christmas gifts. I can give you this little peek!



These are the leaves I need for my next applique block of Carrie Hall's Sampler Quilt. I have them marked so I know what side of the stem they're supposed to go. I have to applique the leaves first since the stems go over them and cover up the raw edge of the bottom of the leaf. 

It's a cool and windy day. Quite the difference after the temperature hitting the high 70's yesterday! Today feels more normal for this time of year. 

6 comments:

  1. that is a whole lot of leaves--but i'll bet they will be so pretty on your sampler...that little peek looks so cute;)) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. I'm forgetting my other projects just so I get these Christmas gifts done on time. It always takes longer than you think!

      Delete
  2. Oh that green binding looks like it has snow on it! Look forward to seeing the sampler block with all of those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sampler is a slow project but I love working on it. I'm hoping to get those Christmas gifts done soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi there, just catching up on your news! I think our last letters crossed in the post but I do think of you more often than I get round to writing 😊 Much love from over here xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I think I'm supposed to write next. Hugs to everyone!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...