Thursday, February 9, 2023

I Like Thursday #177


It's time for I Like Thursday! LeeAnna, over at Not Afraid of Color, is the hostess for us bloggers who post happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Go visit her blog! I'm working on my second Swoon quilt. Each block measures 24" square when finished. I'm using Tula Pink's De La Luna fabric line. I love showcasing those faces in the middle of the block. My daughter chose the fabrics and paired the fabrics for each block. It's only 9 blocks so it's a quick quilt to make. 

We were watching the Chinese Balloon get shot down this past weekend. Molly thought she could help out. She jumped up on the TV cabinet and tried to catch the balloon. She's very silly!

I've made a little mug rug out of the paper pieced heart pattern I made last week. I might make one more mug rug before I quilt and bind it. The next mug rug will only have one heart in the middle. I'm still trying to figure out what else to add to it! 

Our prompt this week is Valentine's Day and how we celebrate it. Well, my son was born on Valentine's Day so our celebration of the holiday has changed over the years! I get everyone a box of chocolates but I usually give them out during Ben's birthday party. This is his newborn picture. He was only a couple of hours old. He was an easy baby and is still easy going. He's my best Valentine's Day gift ever!

Have a wonderful weekend! After last week's record breaking cold, we're expecting record breaking warmth! Crazy weather this year.

7 comments:

  1. I like those blocks! Ha - go Molly! I like those cute little hearts. Wow - that's a Valentine's day you'll remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Yes, Ben gave me the best Valentine's Day. Hard to beat!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is a great Valentine gift! The best! I love your Swoon blocks, too - pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just loved seeing Ben's baby picture. Adorable and you are so right, the best gift ever. Love the new Swoon too and the faces in the center are a wonderful choice. Cute hearts and imagine Molly spying that balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Ben! Molly's attempt at the balloon made me laugh. Your daughter selected some nice fabric combinations for the swoon blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...