Thursday, February 2, 2023

I Like Thursday #176


It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers write happy and uplifting posts every Thursday. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more of these posts. I had a birthday last week but we didn't have my little party until this past Sunday. My future daughter-in-law made me this "bouquet" of fat quarters using Tula Pink's Daydreamer line. She even included heat resistant thimbles as well as bobbin holders that can be inserted into a spool of thread. You can tell we have a lot in common!


My husband got me this sign! I'm going to hang it outside the door of my sewing room. It's made of metal and should be easy to hang.


I'm almost done quilting my string quilt. The quilting is difficult to see but I quilted ribbon candy in the 2 1/2" diagonal in the middle of each string block. The rest was just stippled. Stippling was the best choice for this quilt. I couldn't see the quilting since my gray thread blends so well. I feel stippling has it's place in quilting. If you don't like, don't use it. I would never put anyone down for stippling. It works and has been around for years. 

Has anyone else read Prince Harry's book? I really enjoyed it. I do think he was treated differently since he's not the direct heir to the throne. However, he got to see so much of the world. I can only dream about all the places Prince Harry got to see and experience. I think there's a price to pay for everything. Nothing is free. I just hope that he and his family are finally happy. 

The prompt this week is Pantone color of the year, Viva Magenta. I love this choice! It's bright, happy and cheerful. I don't always like the color they pick each year, but I love this one! I hope it pops up in non-traditional ways!

Have a wonderful weekend! We're bracing for record breaking cold temperatures. Although we have a generator, I just hope we don't lose power. It's supposed to be windy too. Ugh. I'm definitely not looking forward to the cold.

 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Happy belated Birthday! What a nice birthday treat from your DIL. She gets you! I love stippling, too. It's so versatile. Need a small filler - small stipple. Need a big filler - looser stipple. Don't want to invest a lot of time but want it quilted - stipple is your friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I think stippling gets put down for no reason. I like it too! I think it's fine to use whenever you like!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday. And that is a GREAT bouquet of flowers! what a fun sign. lol. The quilt is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bouquet of FQ's?! I like that! Happy colors. Love the sign too. I haven't read the book, but I'm curious about it. Never easy to be famous, I guess. Great progress on the string quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful birthday fabric bouquet, I'm sure you had a lovely day. Nice sign for your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your fabric bouquet takes the prize for best BD gift I've seen in a long time! Tula's fabric, plus notions? yea! Cute sign Rosemary and thoughtful husband too
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I got some great gifts! My husband tries and succeeds sometimes!

      Delete
  6. Your family gave you some nice gifts. How nice to have a DIL who gets it LOL. I saw your strings quilt on FB, it turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...