Monday, January 30, 2023

Swooning Again


I started a new Swoon quilt. I'm using Tula Pink De La Luna fabric line. I've had it for years. I bought a quarter yard fabric pack just because I thought the colors were so rich and pretty. The fabrics look great in the 2 blocks I've made so far. This quilt is quick. It's made of 9 blocks with a rather narrow sashing and border. It's a fun quilt to make. This is my second Swoon quilt. It's so enjoyable to make!


 I've been working on my string quilt too. You can see the ribbon candy on the inner border. I just stitched in the ditch in the piano key border. I'll be using a combination of ribbon candy and stippling on the blocks. It's so hard to see any quilting on this quilt. It's just too busy, I decided stippling is the way to go. Once I really get going on this quilt, it should be a quick finish. 

I had a little party over the weekend for my birthday. I got some great presents. More about that later!

6 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday--;)))swoon looks difficult to piece; your colors are so pretty...lovely quilting on your string quilt. nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose. Just another year older. The Swoon block isn't too hard to piece. It's such a pretty block.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday Rosemary! Pretty Swoon blocks, love the colors. Love the quilting on your string quilt, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! Tula Pink always looks good! I'm enjoying quilting the string quilt. It's fun to free motion!

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday, Rosemary! Looking forward to hearing more about the celebration. I love the fabrics in your Swoon blocks. I've had this pattern on my wish list for a while. I'd love to make a BIG bed quilt made up of those blocks. The ribbon candy quilting looks great on your strings quilt. You are off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! Swoon isn't a hard quilt but you have to follow the directions very closely. It's such a great pattern. Thank you for the encouragement on my quilting!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...