Thursday, January 5, 2023

I Like Thursday #172


Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers try to write happy and uplifting posts once a week. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more like minded blogs. I received this seam ripper for Christmas from my husband. It's so cute that he got it personalized. He sort of made me laugh when I opened the package. He said he wasn't sure if I ever use one. Haha! I wish I never had to use a seam ripper but I end up using it more than I'd like!!


I'm close to having this applique block done. I have 8 more pieces to sew on. This block is so detailed and made of so many pieces. However, it's coming out great even though it's taking forever! This block is called Sadie's Choice Rose and is part of Carrie Hall's Sampler quilt. It measure 20 1/2" sqaure. 


My mother had her first Bloody Mary at Christmas dinner. My future daughter-in-law brought a bunch of items to make a Bloody Mary smorgasbord. They were so good!

Here she is enjoying her drink! After one drink, she declared she was drunk!!


My cat, Lily, was always thought to have some sort of colitis. The symptoms weren't too bad. However, this past September, her symptoms got worse. I called the vet after exhausting a bunch of home treatments. She recommended this food for her. I was sort of skeptical but I'm happy to report it works great! She seems so much healthier now. I went and bought another bag this morning. I'm not going to run out of this food if I can help it!

This week's prompt was any type of classes that we'd like to take. I'll have to say that I miss the MQX show. The Machine Quilter's Expo took place in Manchester, NH so I could drive to it. I miss taking hands on classes while quilting on a longarm. The teachers would see your work and be able to tell you how to improve. I really miss that one on one interaction. I've bought online classes but they're not the same. I need someone to see how I quilt and let me know how to fix it. Maybe, someday, MQX will be revived. We'll see. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

8 comments:

  1. A personalized seam ripper is a sweet gift. It's so fancy, too! Your block is looking very nice. I love the bloody mary story, your mom must have been a hoot with her first one. So happy that your kitty is feeling better. It is so hard when our pets do not feel and they can't really communicate with us. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I'm so glad the new food is helping Lily.

      Delete
  2. What a cook seam ripper! I use mine way too often! Your applique block is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new seam ripper! How sweet of your DH to make it personalized! Pretty applique block. So glad Lily is feeling better. Bloody Mary drink, no thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! We had other drinks too that I bet you would have liked!

      Delete
  4. I love Bloody Marys both with a seafood dinner or with brunch. Your mother is adorable, sitting there in her drunken stupor! Hahaha! Kidding! But she is cute! I'm with you and like in-person classes best but, if I have to do online or Zoom, I'm in if I can learn something new. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! The Bloody Mary's made our holiday more fun! Hahaha!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...