Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Cat Nap


I posted a picture of a paper pieced kitty last week. It's just a small wall hanging. It was something fun to work on in between holiday events. The kitty sits on a few quilts so this is the first quilt. I used the freezer paper paper piecing method so I have no paper to pull out. You just sew as close as possible next to the folded line between pieces. I love this method. It's accurate and less work than actual paper piecing.  The first quilt is a green flying geese quilt. The pattern is by MH Designs.


Next up, we have a pink quilt with 2 pieced blocks. I feel the quilts are getting wider as we work our way down the wall hanging. I think it gives a nice depth effect, 

The last quilt is made up of 3 stars. This quilt took the longest to make. It just had more sections to make and then sew together.


 I surrounded it by 2 inch strips from a pretty floral fabric. I have to make 2 eyes and a nose on the kitty. Then I have to quilt it and bind it. I think it's so cute. I plan on hanging it in my sewing room. I bought this pattern almost 20 years ago. I'm so glad I finally got to it! It measures about 9" X 10 3/4".

12 comments:

  1. This kitty on the quilts is absolutely adorable--nice work. I've never heard about that type of paper piecing...sounds do-able.
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I learned this method when I made that BOM from The Quilt Show. So nice to not have to rip out that paper!

      Delete
  2. The kitty quilt is sooo cute! And that is where the kitties love to sit, isn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! I love it! It will look wonderful wherever you sew it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute kitty wall hanging. Your moving right along with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I worked on it a little at a time but it's quite small. It worked up pretty fast,

      Delete
  5. the princess cat and the pea (or catnip mouse)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, LeeAnna, you're right! Just a cat getting comfy!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...