Thursday, January 19, 2023

I Like Thursday #174


I can't believe it's time for I Like Thursday again! The time is just flying by. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more happy and uplifting posts. I always feel that Winter is the longest season up here in New England. I went to HomeSense and bought this floral centerpiece. Everyone knows I love pink and it reminded me of Spring and Summer. How could I not buy it??


I bought this wideback fabric for my Garlic Knots quilt. I bought it from the Missouri Quilt Company. It was a great price! I think it was one of their specials of the day.

Here's the progress I've made so far on my next applique block. It's quite a bit smaller than the previous 2 blocks. This one measures 5 1/2" X 20 1/2". This one doesn't have too many pieces to applique which is a great thing!


Does anybody else use these? I used to always burn my hands or wrists while taking out hot dishes/casseroles out of the oven. These clip on to the edge of the racks and you won't get burned! Mine old ones looked terrible so I thought I'd get new ones. They work well and I don't want new new burns!

I just finished this book and highly recommend it. It's a mystery that keeps you guessing until the very last page! So good!!

Our prompt this week is lists. I rarely make lists. If I do, I make them on my phone and delete them when I don't need them anymore. I might have an old list or two in my sewing room but I don't use them too often. I rarely make grocery lists unless I need ingredients for a specific recipe. 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. We're expecting a snowstorm tonight into tomorrow. I'll be at home sewing!

13 comments:

  1. Pretty pink rose centerpiece. I haven't forgotten wintry Norway! Through the winter, while waiting for spring and summer, I used to buy colorful flowers to brighten up the rooms a bit. Pretty wideback fabric, always great to buy at reduced price. That's a skinny block compared to those you've made. Don't know if Rack Heat Guards are available here, need to check that out. I don't make lists either, except for groceries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! Flowers do lift your spirits! Widebacks are usually expensive so I try to buy on sale.

      Delete
  2. I like that centerpiece. Just what we need this time of year! That is perfect backing for that quilt. I've never seen those oven guards before! I always use long mitts with the oven - I have a few scars on my hands from hitting the hot wires. I wish I had known about those guards years ago! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Someone at work noticed my burn marks and gave me those guards. I had never heard of them either but they work great. I was happy to replace them. They get funny looking after awhile.

      Delete
  3. The floral piece is gorgeous! The roses look so real. Your fabric is going to make a perfect backing for garlic knots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I haven't gone out and bought something cute for such a long time! It felt good.

      Delete
  4. I love mysteries so I'll look for this one! Sounds great! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your roses, so soft and delicate. I lose my lists a lot but the memory ain't what she used to be
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! You made me chuckle about your memory. I know what you mean!!

      Delete
  6. I like a mystery that has me guessing. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those delicately coloured roses. Your dotted coloured fabric is lovely, a great score. I've not heard of those rack guards, what a great idea. I mentioned it to Tony. Hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! Those rack guards have saved my poor arms so many times. So worth it!!

      Delete
  8. That is such pretty backing fabric! Good find.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...