Thursday, January 12, 2023

I Like Thursday #173


It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more like minded posts. I have a few finishes to show you this week. I finished my Kaffe Scrap Pin Cushion. I filled it this morning with crushed walnut shells. I like them when they're nice and pudgy! It measures about 5 inches square. 


I quilted this yesterday on the longarm. It's small and I was unsure whether I should even try using the longarm but it was fine. It was quick and a lot easier to outline those small pieces with a ruler. I stippled the background and made wishbones in the border. I sewed down the border while watching the Chicago shows last night. 


I'm still not done this darn block! I'm in the process of sewing those big buds between the stems. These pieces are on the large size and move around too easily. I use scotch tape to hold them down. I don't like to use pins since I feel they alter the background. They makes things lumpy. The tape holds everything down nice and flat and I remove it as I sew along.

I


Our prompt this week was calendars you like to use. These are the 2 calendars I'm using this year. The top one was a Christmas gift from my friend, Sarah. We're both cat lovers. It's hanging in my sewing room. The bottom one is from my mother. She knows I love cats and couldn't pass it by! I have it on my refrigerator. I usually write appointments on the bottom calendar so I can see what I have coming up. It's easy to see since I walk by it all the time.

I'm so late today. I was sewing a binding on a quilt and I knocked off a thread cutter. I had no idea where it came from. I ended up getting the manual and looking for it. I tried to google it but nothing helped me. I finally found it and put it back in but it took forever. Ugh.

Have a great weekend! It's snowing here but it's all supposed to turn to rain. (I hope!)

19 comments:

  1. What a sweet pincushion. Kaffe fabrics make everything look extra happy. Love your cat quilt. I too have a cat who likes to sit on whatever I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love working on small projects and actually getting them done!

      Delete
  2. What a cute pin cushion. I like that big flower block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. That flower block is such a pain but I'm getting there!!

      Delete
  3. oooo artistic cats in the studio, so pretty!! Love your quilting, and hand applique takes time... no rushing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeeAnna! I have to keep reminding myself that hand applique is a slow process!!

      Delete
  4. Love the pin cushion but that cat wall hanging is ADORABLE!!! I love your flower block! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pin cushion is so cute, and I LOVE the kitty piece! I'm a cat lover too, and your calendars certainly appeal to me. I'm off to find a wall calendar today - hopefully I'll find a kitty one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I hope you find a great cat calendar. I love seeing the new featured kitty each month.

      Delete
  6. The pincushion is adorable! And I like your cat calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute pin cushion and a good size too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Pin cushions are so fun to make. Nice and quick!

      Delete
  8. Rosemary - well done with your finishes! Love your cat calendars. We are big cat fans in this house even though we don't have any at the moment ... Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! We love cats here too! They're quite entertaining!

      Delete
  9. Oh I love your churn dash pin pillow and your applique' block is stunning. Hope you didn't get too much snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! We ended up getting snow over the weekend. It all melted today!

      Delete
  10. Love your kitty quilt! Cute pincushion too. Great way using up small pieces. Beautiful applique block. Sounds a bit tricky but glad you figured out how to do it. Cute kitty calendars.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...