Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Small Projects


Before I start any large project, I wanted to finish up some odds and ends. I finished quilting this quilt a few weeks ago and finally got around to making the binding. That will be a nice quilt to have finished. It's so big! It's about 92" X 105". Poor binding baby has lots of binding!

\

I thought I would get this loaded and quilted today. Haha, silly me! I changed the thread and needle on the longarm before I started quilting. When I practiced to view the stitches, I noticed I would get a skipped stitch here and there. I fooled around with the bobbin. I made sure the thread was in the tension disks. Ugh. Nothing worked. I happened to check a Facebook group for longarmers and someone said she changed to a larger needle when this happened to her. I tried it and it worked! I got to outline the wall hanging but it got too late to do much else.


I'm trying to write the pattern for this pincushion so I decided to make one while I wrote up the instructions. I'm calling this my Kaffe Churn Dash Pincushion! It measure 5 1/2" square. It's a great way to use up some scraps. It's a nice quick project! Let's hope this one quilts up faster than the kitty wall hanging!

6 comments:

  1. Really cute pincushion...I was able to choose and cut borders for the two girls' quilts today--hope to sew them on tomorrow--jut wondering if
    I should do a "stop" border first on them...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't there too many decisions to make?? I'm sure it will look great no matter what!

      Delete
  2. That's a looong binding on a big quilt. Cutie kitty. Bad thread tension day is never fun, glad it worked with a larger size needle. That happened to my sewing machine last week. Ugh! So frustrating. Cute pincushion, great way to use up small scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! These machines are so annoying sometimes! I was ready to give up but kept at it. It took up so much time!

      Delete
  3. Baby binding is so cute, I've never seen anything like it. I look forward to the pin cushion tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! Poor Binding Baby was busy this morning! I sewed the binding on this morning and it took forever!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...