Monday, January 23, 2023

More Applique


This little piece is called The Bud. It's the partner to Sadie's Choice Rose which is the last block I made. It measures 5 1/2" by 20 1/2 ". This block was so much quicker than the last two. Smaller is better sometimes!

These are my blocks so far. It's slow going but they do look nice when they're done. I'm working on the next block. I start by tracing the pieces on freezer paper. Then, I cut them out and iron them on the wrong side of the fabric. Each piece is basted and then ready to be sewn. I make little markings on the background so I know where the pieces go. Applique is quite forgiving but I do try to keep as close to the pattern as I can.


I've been sewing down the binding on this quilt too. It's a nice project to work on in between the applique blocks. Much less intense!

4 comments:

  1. Your appliqueing is beautiful!! I love that little side "Bud"--
    I find applique intense too--and I have always used freezer paper but I do the starch method putting it over manilla folders to be ironed over...long process...that's why I don't do it much. Stay warm on these gray days we've been having...hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! It's definitely a very slow process but the end results are nice. The weather has just been awful lately. I heard more snow tomorrow. Not again!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your applique' blocks, they are looking great! Congrats on getting to the binding phase on your quilt. That is always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Jeanna! Sewing down the binding is so relaxing since the project is finally done!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...