Thursday, February 16, 2023

I Like Thursday #178


It's time for I Like Thursday. The weeks are flying! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more happy and fun posts. I can't believe I've received flowers twice in the last few weeks! My brother and family sent me flowers for my birthday and my husband sent me flowers for Valentine's Day. I don't usually get flowers so it was a nice surprise. They're so pretty and make my family room smell so good. I also got chocolates!


I have finished 6 blocks out of 9 for Swoon. These are so fun to make. I've made this quilt before so it's fun to make. The instructions for which direction to iron the seams are not included so I figured them out and added them to my directions. It's nice to have no surprises! The Tula Pink fabrics just shine in this block. 


Urban Elementz had a sale on pantographs last week. I just got mine delivered today. The first one on the left is called Knit 1, Purl 2. I love the curliness! The middle one is called Malachite. I feel like it's a great variation on stippling. It reminds me of topography you might find on a map. The third pantograph was a freebie from the company. It's appropriate for this time of year!  I also got the heart panto for a corner and border which was also free! Such a great deal!


I got this for Christmas and think it's so true! I think sewing brings down my blood pressure and calms me. It's almost therapeutic although I am on high blood pressure meds. Maybe it would be even higher if I didn't sew!😂

Our prompt this week is if we knew we found the "one" when we met our spouse. I had no idea! I was already seeing someone else although it was a long distance relationship. I guess actually being able to see someone everyday won out over long distance. We were engaged within 6 months and married one year later. That was almost 39 years ago. I guess it worked out pretty good!

Have a wonderful weekend! It's 60 degrees here. It feels more like Spring than Winter. I just hope we don't get snow in April!

14 comments:

  1. Yay for flowers! Those blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! I just finished the 7th block. This quilt is going so fast!

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful. The swoon quilt is coming along nicely...and quickly. I don't think I could answer how I knew my hubby was the one for me either. We will celebrate 30 years in September. Congrats on your 39 years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! It's funny how things work out sometimes. You just never know.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful flowers! Cool looking pantographs. I like that pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bouquet and sweet story! Swoon is really going to be a lovely quilt! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha love the bag and the saying! Such gorgeous flowers but the nicest bouquet is that grouping of blocks! Spectacular! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm taking a long-arm class soon and am so looking forward to it. Seeing your pantographs gave me joy too. Congratulations on a successful marriage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! I hope you enjoy your longarm class. I love ruler work and free motion quilting but pantographs are a great tool to have also. There are so many to choose from and they always look great!

      Delete
  7. So loved that new appliqued block in your last post. Also love your Swoon blocks so much I have purchased the pattern. I think I'd like to use EPP for them. I know sewing helps me so much I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't stitch. Meanwhile, I'm happy you were celebrated, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I hope you love Swoon as much as I do! I agree about sewing. So much better than Prozac or any other medication!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...