Friday, August 28, 2026

Christmas Table Mat






I bought this pattern by Kris Poor quite a while ago. Now that I'm done that huge quilt, I wanted to make something smaller for a change. This took me a a few hours to make which isn't too bad. It measures 20" X 20" at widest points.


These two portions were paper pieced. It's not too hard to make quarter square triangles but the final measurements are not square so paper piecing makes sense.


The final measurements of this quarter square triangle is 4" X 4.25". I was afraid the directions wouldn't work but I was pleasantly surprised!


I had to make 8 total of these pieces, 4 of each to make the mat. They measure 3" X 4.25".


I made these pieces to fit onto either side of the center. I repeated this for the top and bottom and I have a table mat! I think I'll make a few more of these for the holidays. They make great gifts! Quilting this should be fun!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh this turned out so well--What a nice Christmas piece, Rosemary--have fun quilting it...I am still working on covering grid lines--mostly
    couching which i like to do...trying to keep the stitching to a minimum...
    My machine is acting up--"rat's nest" of threads on the bottom--I just turned her off and walked away !!!--I cannot face fixing something again right now...;((((
    I find this humid weather really tiring...Hope your weekend is a good one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Table Mat

I bought this pattern by Kris Poor quite a while ago. Now that I'm done that huge quilt, I wanted to make something smaller for a change...