Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Some Shopping and Some Borders


I've been quilting and trying to keep cool in this heat. I did manage to go to a quilt shop and bought this adorable needle minder. It's supposed to be a gift but it's just so cute! I just may go back and get another one for me!

I went to the quilt shop to buy a few Christmas fabrics. I have a table mat I'd like to make as a gift but needed a few more reds and greens. I used to run to JoAnn's for these sorts of fabrics. I sure do miss that store!

I'm so glad to report that I have reached the borders at the bottom of the quilt! I have my red triangles all marked and have to fill them in. I only work a little bit at a time on the longarm. I tend to get sloppy after awhile. I guess that's all it takes to finish! So exciting to reach the end!!

2 comments:

  1. I also miss JoAnne's a lot--they had so many useful things there!!
    Cute sewing machine needle minder;)))
    I just got my "Quilter's Dream Request" batting in the mail late yesterday; hope I like it--this brand is new to me...letting it rest today--and hope to begin layering this weekend...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always preferred The Warm Company batting that I could get at JoAnn's. I always used a coupon too. I think Quilter's Dream is pretty close to that brand. Everything is harder to find and more expensive now.

      Delete

Christmas Mat

Here's my Christmas mat all quilted and bound! I'm in the process of sewing down the binding by hand. It measures about 20" acr...