Friday, March 15, 2019

Beach Houses Pinnie

No photo description available.

Taking a break from my other projects, I decided to make a cute pin cushion! This one is called Beach Houses and it's found in the book, Pin Pals, by Carrie Nelson.

No photo description available.

These are all the little pieces I had to cut to make the pinnie top.

No photo description available.

Here are my three little houses. Of course, I just used scraps from my bottomless scrap bag.

No photo description available.

I sewed my beach houses together and added a little strip of grass. I also added background strips to the top, bottom and sides.

No photo description available.

The top and bottom were layered over batting and then quilted. I just sewed straight lines on my domestic. The top and bottom were both trimmed to 4" X 6".

I filled the pin cushion with crushed walnut shells. This was a fun and quick project. I love this book! I may end up making all 40 of the pin cushions!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Nothing like a quick project every once in awhile!

      Delete
  2. Lots of little pieces, but absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Em! These pin cushions are so addictive!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...