Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Long Time Gone & Trip Around the World

No photo description available.

I finished the Trip Around the World block for Long Time Gone. It measures 13.5" X 13.5" including the seam allowance.

No photo description available.

This block is made up of 169 squares, 13 X 13. I didn't want to have to match up 12 seams every time I added a new row. I decided to make it into a large 9-patch. I started in the middle and then worked my way around the block. With this method, I only had to match up 12 seams two times! Much better!!

No photo description available.

Here are my blocks so far! I'm really enjoying working on this quilt so far! 

6 comments:

  1. Pretty trip around the world block! It almost looks like the turquoise fabric was fussy cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! You're right about the turquoise pieces. That was accidental but I like it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! This is a fun quilt but uses many tiny pieces! Hard to get used to

      Delete
  3. Your blocks are beautiful--I love the colors you have chosen--especially drawn to your Trip Around the World...just lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julierose! So nice to see you're back!!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...