Sunday, March 24, 2019

Schoolhouse Shop Hop 2019

Image may contain: text

I had a very fun day yesterday. I took part in my first Shop Hop! I went to 5 different quilt shops.

Image may contain: house, tree, sky and outdoor

The Quilted Crow, Bolton, MA

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Cobblestone Quilts, Townsend, MA

No photo description available.

The Bunkhouse Quilt Shop, Lyndeborough, NH

Image may contain: house, tree, plant, sky and outdoor

Quilted Threads, Henniker, NH

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant and outdoor

The Red Barn Sewing and Yarn Center, Merrimac, MA

There was lots of driving involved! We started out in Massachusetts, drove north into New Hampshire and ended up back in Massachusetts again. 


Every shop gave us a free fat quarter as well as a quilt pattern. At the end of visiting the 5 featured shops, we were given a coupon for 20% off total purchase at each of the participating shops. We were also given a blue zippered case where you can place your quilting tools if you're taking a class or sewing at a friend's house. 

No photo description available.

There were some great sales going on at each of the shops. This is the stuff I ended up buying! I'm so glad I can return to these shops and use my coupon. I saw so many other things I want! 

All in all, it was a great day. We ate lunch at Daniel's in Henniker, NH. This was the view while we were eating.

Image may contain: snow, tree, outdoor, nature and water

We were tired when we got home but it was well worth it. Quilt days are always fun!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun fun trip.
    Some cool finds there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time! So fun to find new quilt shops. I was exhausted when I got home!

      Delete
  2. Fun! Looks like you got some nice goodies, but showed restraint, too! Not easy when you’re visiting new quilt stores! It’s a fun day to spend with like-minded fabric-enablers, I mean, friends! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, you made me laugh! So fun! There were so many fabrics and accessories I wanted but I couldn't buy it all. Besides, I have a few more buying opportunities coming up!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good trip, and the weather cooperated afterall!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...