Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Another Finish!

No photo description available.

I just took this quilt off the frame! It was my second attempt using pantographs. I feel they're easier than free motion quilting but you also have less control. I'm used to working from the front and having the quilt top right in front of me. 

No photo description available.

However, a pantograph is worked from the back and makes the quilting very consistent throughout the quilt. I'm used to choosing the quilt motif depending on the block but this method uses the same pattern all over the whole quilt regardless of what makes up the quilt top.

No photo description available.

I definitely feel pantographs are a great way to finish a quilt. They're quick and look great.

Image may contain: food and outdoor

I love the back! The quilting really shows up well in this picture. It's time for me get a few more pantographs. They're a nice tool to have available.

6 comments:

  1. that was quick--and it turned out beautifully, Rosemary...nice patterning hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I was surprised how quick the whole process turned out to be. This is such a nice alternative to finish quilts. And it looks nice for an allover pattern too!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful finish. You are on a roll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! It's so nice to finish. I really hate having quilt tops around and never made into quilts.

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! Did you have any issues not being able to see the quilt as you were quilting? Would you notice if you broke a thread or ran out of bobbin thread? Just curious - I run out of thread on my domestic and still keep stitching until I notice it! This quilt is just gorgeous, and the panto looks so nice. Do you think it may be quicker as well? ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only the second time I used a panto but I liked it! I do think it was quicker and certainly keeps the quilting even throughout the quilt. I did stop to check the stitching every so often. I could definitely see running out of bobbin thread and not realizing for awhile! So nice of you to visit my blog, Roseanne!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...