Sunday, April 7, 2019

Plus a Star Block

Image may contain: stripes

I finished this block yesterday. It's a block for the quilt, Long Time Gone, by Jen Kingwell.  It's made of Plus Blocks with a Star Block thrown in for good measure! I tried to make the star stand out by using solids as well as bright fabrics for the 9 patch. I wasn't sure all these fabrics would work well together but I think it came out okay! I feel when making a scrap quilt, the more diverse, the better! Somehow, they work okay. This block measures 12.5" by 21.5". I think it took longer to cut out all the pieces than to actually sew it together. 

No photo description available.

Here's the quilt so far. I love working on this quilt. I'm using up scraps and enjoying the process. My next block will be Churn Dash blocks. I have to make 21 of them at 3.5" square. This will be interesting!!

4 comments:

  1. Big block[!!] and just lovely, too--this will be such a gorgeous quilt nice work Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! This block was such an odd size but it came out fine. It's a fun project for me!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...