Thursday, April 11, 2019

Drunken Feathers

No photo description available.

Drunken Feathers is the name of the pantograph I'm using to quilt this half square triangle BOM. This is only the second pantograph I've used and it's a little more complicated than the first pantograph I used. It took me a little time to get used to it and figure out how to space the rows evenly. It really didn't take too long. I practiced the pantograph without sewing just to get familiar with the pattern.

No photo description available.

After 5 passes, I'm just about halfway done quilting this quilt. So fast! I can see why pantographs are so popular. Once you get used to setting up, the process is fast and accurate!

No photo description available.

I'm taking a class tomorrow at MQX Quilt Festival. I will do some shopping and just might buy a few more pantographs.  I'll tell you all about in my next post!

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful pattern--it looks lovely on your quilt hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Rosemary. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'm trying to get more comfortable with pantographs. I'm getting there!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...