Monday, April 29, 2019

Churn Dash Assembly Line

 No photo description available.

I'm in the middle of making Churn Dash blocks for Long Time Gone quilt. They measure 3.5 inches square. There are some very small pieces in there! I need to make a total of 21 blocks. I started out by cutting out all the needed fabric pieces for each block. 

No photo description available.

I had 21 little piles just like these. I made six blocks first. I squared them up and then started the next batch of 5.

No photo description available.

These 5 are all ready to be sewn together. Once these are done, I'll work on the next 10. When I'm done, I have to sew 9 Churn Dash blocks together in a 3 X 3 configuration. The remaining 12 blocks will be sewn together into a 4 X 3 configuration. Then, Churn Dash will be done! This is a fun quilt to work on but so time consuming!!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely little blocks--great color choices...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! This is one of my favorite blocks. I usually like making them a little bigger than this!

      Delete
  2. I love Churn Dash--and the sweetness of your tiny ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable . I love little blocks.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...