Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Loading the Next Quilt

Image may contain: indoor

Even though I was sick all weekend, I did manage to get a quilt loaded onto the longarm. This is the Block of the Month quilt from my guild. It's made of half square triangles. I started pinning on Sunday but got tired. I resumed pinning on Monday and finished the whole loading process.

No photo description available.

Here's a closeup of the top of the quilt. It's all basted and ready to be quilted. 

Image may contain: indoor

This is the pantograph I'm planning to use. I have to tape it down a little better and mark it for this quilt. I use a plastic overlay so the pantograph can be used over and over again. I also have to practice this motif. I turn the machine on and follow and pattern with my laser without sewing. I'm getting better at following the pattern. It will take me a few days before I feel comfortable enough to start the real quilting. I love this pantograph and hope I can sew it properly. It would look so pretty on this quilt!

10 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you are still sick--sorry to hear that. I still have my hacking cough at night, too...it just won't go AWAY!! I think that quilting pattern will be so lovely spread across your quilt...
    hugs and feel better soon, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm feeling better but still get tired easily. I didn't miss any work and I think that may be the reason this cold is sticking around longer. I have the weekend off which will should help me feel better too!

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon.

    What I can see of the quilt is lovely. . .and the pantograph should give it wonderful texture.

    When we upgraded from a short arm we lost the ability to use the laser. . . but I am thinking I may try the stylus instead to try pantograph work. Up to now I have just done free hand meandering.

    Have fun with the quilt & feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry! I've only done one other pantograph. I'm more used to free motion quilting and ruler work. I think pantographs are a nice alternative and hope to get more comfortable using them. My cats like following the laser too! I have to keep them away!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear your under-the-weather! Luv the quilt and the panto will really do well for a rather nostalgic feel.......perfect! Take care, rest.....Spring is here (more or less).........hugs...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Doreen! I hope this is the end of my winter illnesses. I'm hoping to start that pantograph soon!

      Delete
  4. Feel better soon. That pattern will look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty pantograph pattern. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get started soon. I just need to practice a little more and get over this darn cold!!

      Delete

Fabric Placement

I've been working on making the border for Alaska. Edyta Sitar has a picture on her blog where she repeats one of the blocks as the bord...