Monday, April 15, 2019

MQX Quilt Festival 2019

No photo description available.

I made my annual pilgrimage to MQX. It's probably my favorite quilt show. It's close to my house and I always end up taking a class. The vendors are great and the quilts are too! This is Carnival by Beth Nufer. It won Best of Show. I love the 3-D effects as well as the use of color. So cool!

Image may contain: bird

This is Ookpik by Colette Dumont. I've always been amazed by thread painting. I'm going to have to take a class someday. This piece is so amazing!

No photo description available.

This is Cattails in the Meadow by Roberta Ellis. The quilting adds so much texture and movement to this quilt. Beautiful!

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

This is Twinkle Stars by Elizabeth Witchel. The quilting added a secondary design throughout the quilt. I'm sure lots of planning went into the quilt design. I would love to attempt this someday! I'm so glad I took a closeup. The design is gorgeous!

Image may contain: indoor

No photo description available.

Being a scrap quilt lover, I love Pineapple Passion Flower by Janis Hedges. There are over 9100 pieces that were paper pieced. I love all the different fabrics and colors in this quilt. Such an awesome quilt!

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: 5 people

I leave you with just a few pictures from the Prince Tribute. There was a long wall filled with small quilts all in shades of purple in tribute to Prince. There are so many quilters out there with such great ideas. It was overwhelming to see the different wall hangings all to honor Prince. 

I hope you liked seeing my favorite quilts from MQX. I took more pictures but this post is long enough! If you ever have the chance to attend this show, do it! You won't be sorry!

2 comments:

  1. That Pineapple Passion Flower has to be my favorite--just gorgeous--all the quilts are just amazing work...I am continually astounded at the smashing work a lot of quilters achieve...thanks so much for sharing these beauties...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...