Thursday, May 2, 2019

I Like Thursday #1

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

This is my first I Like Thursday so I hope I'm doing it correctly! I love seeing my lilacs getting ready to bloom. I'm not much of a gardener but I did make sure to plant this lilac bush close to my back doorway. I wanted to be able to smell them and enjoy them just be stepping outside my back door onto the deck. 

No photo description available.

I received some new pantographs in the mail today. I can't wait to use them! Urban Elementz had a sale this past weekend and I thought it was a great time to add to my collection. I love these designs!

No photo description available.

I love sewing down binding by hand. It means another quilt is finished! This is my third finish of 2019. Love this!

Image may contain: cat

Image may contain: cat

Of course, I have to post pictures of my two kitties. Lily and Molly complete our family. They're so much fun and keep us entertained. We can't help but love these two!!

That's it for my first I Like Thursday. It's so nice to look for the good things in life. I wish we did this  more often. I'll be linking up with LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! Welcome to the I Like group today. I'm so happy you joined us! {{Hugs}} Oh lilacs - to be able to smell them already - how nice is that. That scent takes me right back to being 10 years old on a quiet mid-June morning with the breeze coming in my bedroom window. And I recognize those goodies from Urban Elementz! I don't have a longarm but another friend shows all the time and I lust after the nice patterns they have. Aww, sweet Lily and Molly - it looks like they keep an eye on you and keep you in line. And finally, hand stitching a binding down - I adore doing that as well. It's my favorite time to enjoy the final piece of work. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! It's so nice to see the positive things. This is so refreshing!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the I Like Thursday group. Love lilacs. There are some ancient ones along the front of my property. I love binding. The fabric in your quilt is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the welcome! So nice of you to visit my blog!

      Delete
  3. Glad you've joined the group, rosemary--such lovely people and fun postings...
    Lilacs are my very favorite--my Grand-mere had a Lemoine lilac which is lemon colored and scented--I have been searching for one...
    Your kitties are so cute...they look very contented...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for introducing me to the group, Julierose! I've never heard of Lemoine lilac but they sound so nice!!

      Delete
  4. Nice post. Love those new patterns and your furkids are adorable. My lilac was cut down by the park maintenance. I am so upset. I loved it as it was outside the bedroom and summer wafts of it would be so nice as I fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! So sad about your lilacs. I love being able to smell them when they're so close to the house.

      Delete
  5. Oh, those pantographs look neat. Our lilac is thinking about blooming... soon, I hope. I love hand-binding, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm so glad you visited my blog!

      Delete
  6. I can almost smell the lilacs.... the first kitty is so sweet. They're all so cute when they close their widdle eyes... thanks for joining us, I love hand sewing binding too! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I'm so glad I found I Like Thursday!

      Delete
  7. The lilacs are just starting to blossom here in Pennsylvania! I love binding too (for the same reason)! Your kitty is adorable! Welcome to I like thursdays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I like the whole idea behind I Like Thursday! So nice to see positive in a negative world!

      Delete
  8. Such lovely likes and the lilacs heading the list are such a pretty colour. You remind me of the farm wives here who all had a lilac bush close to their house; you can see them today when you drive around. Their smell is divine and I wish they lasted longer. Pretty kitties too and hand stitching is therapy in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jocelyn! It's been great meeting you all! Thanks for the nice comment!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #230

 It's time for I Like Thursday! I posted quite a few pictures of the baby quilt I had recently made. Well, here it is being given to the...