Wednesday, May 8, 2019

More Carolina Chaining

No photo description available.

Here is my Carolina Chain so far! I have made 31 blocks. I need a total of 72 blocks so I'm not even halfway there! However, I enjoy making these blocks and using up my stash, although you can't tell from the looks of my scrap bag! I have another block all cut and ready to sew. This is definitely a long term project!

No photo description available.

These are the last 3 blocks I made. When I cut for Long Time Gone, I cut extra for this quilt. I hope this speeds up the process! There wasn't much sewing going on here for the last few days. I worked the last 5 days. I'm hoping to catch up now that I'm off until the weekend. It's finally sunny outside and feels like spring. Such a great day to be off!

12 comments:

  1. Great scrap buster - you might have to make two or three, though, to make a dent in your scrap bins, lol! It will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb! I'm always surprised how scraps just never seem to go away!!

      Delete
  2. Loving this pattern--so pretty in your chosen fabrics...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Those scraps look good when you sew them all together!

      Delete
  3. Great looking quilt. Love scrappy. I have not been in my room lately much. Soon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! It felt so good to sew a little this afternoon. I hope I can get more done tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Good Morning Rosemary! Ooh, that project looks so pretty on the design wall. I just love the scrappy look of it – even if it doesn’t seem to be making a dent in your stash. I can relate, oh can I relate. {{Hugs}} and Happy Mother’s Day to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! This is such a fun pattern. I do love using my scraps although they never seem to go away! Have a Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  5. What pretty blocks. I love different scraps blocks to use up stash or the stuff I have from guild for charity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love making this block even though it's not a fast block to make. I do like the effect when the blocks are all together. We'll see if I actually make a dent into my stash!!

      Delete
  6. Your Carolina Chain is a beauty - I've been out of circulation for three weeks so I may have missed an earlier post on this, I'd love to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! I love this pattern. It's from Bonnie Hunter's book, Addicted to Scraps. It's a nice way to use up those scraps. Although, I never seem to use up as many as I'd like!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...