Thursday, May 30, 2019

I Like Thursday #5

Image may contain: people standing, tree, plant, flower, outdoor and nature

I've been so busy working extra hours this week. I wasn't even sure I could post this today but I found the time! This angel sits outside the library in my favorite corner where I like to tutor. I feel she watches over us as we work through our English lessons. The angel is there to commemorate all those who came before us.

No photo description available.

I bought this fabric as backing for the next quilt I'm getting ready to quilt. I just love it! I bought it at a great price. It's all washed and pieced. I just need to iron it. 

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

I'm not sure why but I've always loved this wall hanging at my hair salon. I think it would make a very interesting quilt. I have a few ideas but find it very inspiring!

Image may contain: cat

My cats have all sorts of toys and this piece of cat furniture. I've never seen either one of them sitting in the little area in the bottom piece. Just the other day, I saw Molly in there looking quite comfortable! I'm glad one of them is finally putting it to good use. 

Those are my likes for this week! For more happy things, go visit LeeAnna for more fun stuff to see!




20 comments:

  1. Oh just love that rose backing!! Beautiful!! And that angel is
    gorgeous--i love the way those sculptures turn tealish in color..
    as they get older...thanks for sharing Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I'm trying to notice things I like throughout the week. It's not easy sometimes!!

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful sculpture - I would want to sit near it, too! Such pretty fabric for quilt backing! It looks like it will be lovely to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat angels! I can see why you like that wall hanging. That is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always say I'm going to make a quilt out of that wall hanging! Maybe one day I will!!

      Delete
  4. Oh that angel is fabulous. Love your quilt backing it is so pretty. LOL I have that question with Lucy too. But I see her using the items, she is not much for toys. Bobbin has appropriated them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always surprised when the cats start playing with their toys. I wonder what prompts them to suddenly start throwing toys around the house. They're so fun to watch!

      Delete
  5. Cute cat!~ I love your quilt ideas! I see them everywhere too but that wall hanging is particularly appealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I've been admiring that wall hanging for awhile now. I need to make my version of it soon!

      Delete
  6. I love that you are a literacy volunteer. I taught special education for many years and remedial reading was my study area in particular with boys. That angel is the perfect witness.
    That is a gorgeous material for whatever use you put it to. Cute kittie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! I really enjoy volunteering. I've met so many nice people. I couldn't resist that floral fabric!

      Delete
  7. the angel who watches... I like her. And the kitty is so beautiful. It's nice to see them playing with their toys isn't it? While we play with our toys (sewing machines and fabric)
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, LeeAnna! We all enjoy the things that make us happy!

      Delete
  8. Molly is such a purty girl. Dunkin wants her number lol. That backing fabric is beautiful. Great likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to introduce our cats to each other! I got that fabric at such a great price so I bought extra! Thank you, Dawn!!

      Delete
  9. Hi Rosemary! Aww, your angel does look like she's keeping you safe and also inspiring anyone who sees it to be kind as well. There are angels amongst us I believe and you just never know who is one. Your sweet kitty looks like you woke her up and she would rather not be disturbed! Looking forward to seeing your next project that uses that backing. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I'm getting ready to load a quilt but I have to mark it first. I've been working extra and just can't seem to find the time to get it done. I'm hoping this week!!

      Delete
  10. When I first saw the photo in the salon I thought it was a quilt! That angel is so lovely and inspiring. Great post! mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! It's nice to be thankful for items we encounter in our lives. It really changes your perspective!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...