Monday, May 13, 2019

More Long Time Gone Blocks

No photo description available.

I made a little more progress on Long Time Gone by Jen Kingwell. This is a picture of all my completed blocks so far. It looks rather colorful which is what I was hoping for! I'm just using scraps since I seem to have plenty to choose from!

No photo description available.

These are my finished Churn Dash blocks. I think these blocks have been the most difficult so far. The blocks are only 3.5 inches. It took a long time to match up all those points. But they're finished, and that's good!

No photo description available.

These are the finished Courthouse Steps. I had to make 9 of them and then sew them into 3 sets of 3  blocks. I really enjoyed making this block. It just wasn't as tedious as the Churn Dash Blocks

No photo description available.

Here's a little peek into my Courthouse Blocks as I was making them. I cut all pieces for the 9 blocks first and then used chain sewing to get them all put together. It was much quicker to sew them together than I thought! 

Log Cabin blocks are next! More fun coming up!!

10 comments:

  1. These blocks are lovely; what a tour de force this project is...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I love Jen Kingwell's patterns. This pattern doesn't have any applique so it seems quicker to me. I love making all the different blocks.

      Delete
  2. Love your churn dashes.so so cute. This will be another beautiful quilt. You have gorgeous scraps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I guess my scraps look nice because I have so many of them! Haha!!

      Delete
  3. Oh Rosemary, those LOng Time Gone blocks are gorgeous! Amazing work on all of your blocks especially those churn dash points. And Look how pretty the courthouse steps turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! This is such a fun quilt to work on. I really love looking through my scraps and picking the right fabric. Jen Kingwell quilts are so fun!

      Delete
  4. Your blocks are amazing and so little...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne! I guess that's part of the challenge of this quilt. It will be a nice quilt if it doesn't drive you crazy!

      Delete
  5. Oh your quilt is coming together beautifully - can't quite believe those churn dash blocks are 3.5 inches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen! I'm having such fun working on this quilt. It's coming together quicker than I expected.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #230

 It's time for I Like Thursday! I posted quite a few pictures of the baby quilt I had recently made. Well, here it is being given to the...