Thursday, May 23, 2019

I Like Thursday #4

No photo description available.

I'm so late posting this today. I worked all day even though I wasn't scheduled. We're down three people at work so I've been working a little extra. I was off yesterday and went to a quilt shop with one of my friends. I've been looking for a Binding Baby for awhile! It's a great way to store those bindings. I love the teal color. I just had to have her!

No photo description available.

I always wanted a pink cutting mat. This one is on the small side. I've already used it and love it! It's perfect for cutting those small pieces for Long Time Gone.

No photo description available.

I actually bought this great desk lamp at the quilt shop too! It has a USB port so I can charge my phone while I use it! I also bought this in pink! It even matches my new cutting mat. It's great to put over the mat while I use my rotary cutter. I suppose I can use it with my sewing machine also. I really love using this light. (Older eyes!)

No photo description available.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be at the library tutoring my student. I've been a literacy volunteer since last fall. I get such a great feeling when I help someone learn English. My parents were both immigrants so Italian was my first language. I remember what it was like for my mother when she went to a store. It wasn't easy. This is my way of giving back. My present student is from Turkey. She's very good with grammar and spelling but conversation is difficult for her. We have fun just talking sometimes. Becoming a literacy volunteer is something I love. I'm so glad I went for it. 

That's my likes for this week. I'm linking up with LeeAnna if you'd like to read more positive posts. So many good things out there!



10 comments:

  1. Great list of likes. Like your light, and the pink cutting mat. How cool to volunteer to help others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette! I had more of a quilting theme this week! I do enjoy volunteering. It's more fun than my real job.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful likes Rosemary--my first language was French--and a lot of my relatives spoke with very broken English--so I think that your volunteering is super!! Happy Memorial Day weekend Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I was the translator for my mother and grandmother when I was a little girl. I'm just hoping to make things a little easier. I really enjoy doing this!

      Delete
  3. That binding baby is so cute - I need to look for one of those, too! My current cutting mat is reversible, and is pink on one side. I should turn it over - it's hard to cut blue fabric on the blue side! That is so neat that you're helping someone with their literacy skills - it's so important for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diann! I've never seen a reversible cutting mat. I'll keep my eye out for one!

      Delete
  4. Love your binding baby.and pink mat....ooo la la...i have the gray and my other one is green. Awesome to help others learn language.kuddos to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I love using cheerful accessories! It's fun! I tutored yesterday morning. I think I get more out of than my student! It's always a good feeling.

      Delete
  5. That binding baby looks very useful and yes, I love that pink mat. Looks great! Thanks for the link to 'I like Thursdays'...always great to discover new sites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed this last week. That pink cutting mat is so eye popping! Never heard of a binding baby before. Looks useful.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...