Thursday, May 16, 2019

I Like Thursday #3

Image may contain: flower and plant

I had a wonderful week especially because of Mother's Day. I just love the roses my husband got for me. They're still looking good and smell wonderful!

No photo description available.

My daughter tries to buy us unique gifts. This picture is found in our family room. You can see that we all have our hobbies. My husbands golfs. I like to knit. (I guess she couldn't find quilting!!) My daughter likes to read and my son is into music. Even though we've been married 35 years, she chose 2014 as the year we were established. That's the year we got our second cat, Molly. Molly is younger but larger than Lily which you can see in the picture. Love that!

Image may contain: text

I got this book for Mother's Day from my daughter also. It's all about Lily and me! If you look close enough, you can see my name in the lower right hand corner. Lily has chosen me to be her person so it makes sense the book is about both of us!

Image may contain: 1 person

So grateful that my mom spent Mother's Day with us. We've had a tough couple of years. We lost my dad, cousin, uncle and grandmother within a 2 year span. She knows she can come to my house anytime. We live very close to each other. I wish my brother would move closer but he's still working in upstate New York. 

I had a lot to like and be grateful for this week. Please take a peek at LeeAnna's blog to see more happy stuff. Enjoy!!

16 comments:

  1. oh what a lovely posting Rosemary--your Mom is so beautiful; nice that you live close...
    I think that picture is so much fun!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! So glad you liked my post as well as all my "likes"!!

      Delete
  2. Great post Rosemary. The picture is so cute, but the book really made me smile. Your mama is a beauty, you are fortunate you live close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do wish my brother lived closer. As I get older, my family seems to be shrinking. I'm hoping we start to expand soon!

      Delete
  3. Very nice that
    Mom lives close to you. Love that picture of your family.great likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! It's so nice to look around and see how lucky we all are. It's nice to accent the positive!

      Delete
  4. Your roses are beautiful! And I love the gifts from your daughter - so thoughtful! It' so nice that you got to spend Mother's Day with your mom - I bet she loved it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers and gifts! What a wonderful day you had! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! We did have a nice time!

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a great Mother's Day with terrific gifts. What a fun book! It's wonderful to live close to family. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jean! It was a really enjoyable day for all of us!

      Delete
  7. Hi Rosemary! Oh, how wonderful that you could spend Mother's Day with your mother. I am 100% certain that she loved every minute with you as well. Such pretty flowers, and it is so clear when a pet picks their person. Everyone knows it even though they can't really communicate it. Love these likes! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! Pets are such an important part of our lives. I did receive a Mother's Day card from my kitties! They're so thoughtful! Haha!!

      Delete
  8. the picture and book are just perfect gifts!!! And the gift of your mom's company is special too. Pretty flowers! Happy week, sorry I'm late to the party!
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LeeAnna! I've been late too thanks to working extra hours. I'm hoping that ends soon!

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...