Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Log Cabin Blocks and a Book

No photo description available.

Here's my latest addition to Long Time Gone. I made 4 Log Cabin blocks. These were fast and fun. This is such a forgiving block. I felt I used a good amount of scraps making these blocks. 

No photo description available.

These are my blocks so far. I'm so loving working on this quilt. It's my own personal Sew Along/Block of the Month! I really love working at my own pace.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

I've been reading this book and I can't put it down! It's one of the best books I've ever read. I definitely recommend it. It's the prequel to Lilac Girls. I've had Lilac Girls for awhile but started with this one. The order doesn't really matter. If you get the chance, read it! It's such a great read!

10 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking really lovely; log cabins are a wonderful addition...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I like making these different blocks using my scraps. Maybe they'll finally get used up!!

      Delete
  2. Your quilt is coming along and is looking very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosemary! Oh your blocks look so pretty all together. Nice and colorful and so many different sizes. It will be fun to see these come together! Thank you also for the book recommendation - I will go add it to my library wish list right now or I'll forget. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I just finished that book. I enjoyed it so much! I love using my scraps and it's so fun to make all these different blocks.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love those log cabin blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were easy compared to some of the other blocks.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blocks for Long Time Gone and I love the mix of small and large blocks that make up this quilt. It's good to work at our own pace, sew alongs are great fun but if there is a set deadline it can become a stress rather than a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! So much less pressure when you're doing it on your own. So much more enjoyable!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...