Thursday, May 9, 2019

I Like Thursday #2


I like that Spring finally seems to have emerged! This picture shows a cute little bird sitting in one of our trees. New England isn't the best place to experience the springtime. Some years, we seem to just skip over the whole season. The last few days have been very springlike and I love it!!

Image may contain: people standing, tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

We used to vacation in Maine when the kids were little. We found a shop that featured cupolas. My husband really loved this weather vane cupola for our shed. Although, he's not the handiest guy, he did figure out how to place it on our shed. It's aged over the years but I still like how it looks.

Image may contain: 1 person, phone and screen

This is a Nook which I use to read e-books. I have my own but this particular one belongs to my best friend.She gave it to me so I can read all the books she's bought. As she buys new ones, I get to access them too! She just bought a newer version for herself. I feel like I have my own personal library thanks to her! I'm an avid reader and just love she thought of me!

No photo description available.

I always like when Molly sleeps under one of the quilts I made! She thinks she's hiding but I know it's her! I think she likes that it's nice and warm under there.

That's it for this week! I't's been so busy but I'm thankful for so much!! I'll be linking over to LeeAnna's blog. Go over there for more fun!




18 comments:

  1. Lovely cupola--my hubby loves those too...The copper ones are just
    so beautiful...we saw a fox chasing our little bunny this afternoon in our backyard--man did that rabbit run!! Spring has finally sprung here...but still chilly with the wind off the Sound...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. The man selling the cupolas made them all himself. He had so many to choose from. Amazing he had so many. It was warmer earlier today. It definitely got cooler late in the afternoon. Poor little rabbit!

      Delete
  2. I like that weather vane. Molly must be comfortable (I love all the quilting on that quilt!). Oh, so many books! You must be thrilled. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I guess you can tell that I like to machine quilt! The more quilting, the better! I'm really enjoying that Nook.

      Delete
  3. I love those Carolina chaining blocks you are making. What a beautiful way to use your scraps. I'm trying to use up mine too but it's not turning out as pretty, I can tell you.
    I wonder what kind of bird that is. Looks interesting.
    Cupolas are an adorable feature.
    Yes, spring is finally happening here too in southern Ontario, Canada. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I'm always looking for new ways to use up those pesky scraps! When we bought the cupola, I wasn't sure my husband would be able to attach it to the shed roof but he did a great job. It's always reminded me of our Maine vacations.

      Delete
  4. I need a cupola for the top of my house. In Shipshawana I found a company that would customer make them for you. That quilt is so cute and i love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The cupola really makes our shed look so much nicer! It's so nice to be able to pick exactly what style cupola you want.

      Delete
  5. I love my Nook - what a sweet gift from your friend! All those books to read! I really like the woven look of your quilt. I would like to make that type of pattern someday. It's always so funny to see how animals love to burrow under our quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made that quilt years ago. I think it was a freebie on a website. I liked that woven look too! I'm making my way through my friend's Nook. So fun!

      Delete
  6. Love Molly hiding. Dunkin does that too when I make the bed.lol pretty quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I Like Thursday is so fun! So glad you joined in! We have Julierose to thank!

      Delete
  7. I love your quilt! Molly made me smile!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! My two cats are usually very silly. They make for great entertainment!

      Delete
  8. I love reading too and have since age 5. great idea to let you read her books! I didn't even realize one could buy a cupola... they add charm to a house. Thanks for joining us, lots to like here!LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LeeAnna! It's so nice to take part in something positive for a change! Such fun!

      Delete
  9. Hi Rosemary! Oh, I just adore that cupola. I grew up with a really nice cupola on atop my parents garage. My dad was a welder, so he added a weathervane - is that what it's called when it shows the direction of the wind?? Anyway, I missed it so much when I moved out and still would love to have it. Your quilt is beautiful - Molly is the smart one to be under it, nice and warm ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I'm so glad you liked my post! I still love how that cupola looks on my shed. It adds so much character! Thanks for leaving such a nice comment. Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...