Sunday, August 25, 2019

Feathering

No photo description available.

I starting to quilt feathers between the blocks on my Farmer's Wife 1930's quilt. I'm doing them in sections. There are 5 columns between blocks that will need feathers. I'm just doing that area in each of the columns. When finished, I will advance the quilt.

No photo description available.

This way, I'll only advance the quilt once every time the 5 feathers are done. I was also taught to make sure I sew the spine either at the beginning or the end of making the feather which I can do using this method.

No photo description available.

I haven't quilted feathers since last year but they're coming back to me! I like how it looks so far.

12 comments:

  1. Love how your quilt is coming along. I need to work on my quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! It's so hard to keep practicing. It's really the only way to improve. I wish I'd practiced my feathers more but they're okay!

      Delete
  2. Boy this is just gorgeous quilting you are doing...
    It will be so pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I like quilting feathers and I need the practice. Don't look too closely!

      Delete
  3. This looks great! The feathers are perfect for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel a little rusty as I quilt them. I haven't quilted feathers in awhile. I'm hoping I get a little more comfortable!

      Delete
  4. Perfect pattern for the quilting and great execution. Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just reread your last Thursday post...thought I'd commented but missed it somehow. I get AQ at the library and enjoy it. I also noted that recipe, Rosemary. I am always looking for meal ideas that are on the healthier side. Anyway, my but this quilting you are doing is magnificent! How talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Jocelyn! I'm so glad you like my quilting. I'm so lucky to have a longarm. I try to practice but it doesn't happen as often as it should! Hope you like that recipe!

      Delete
  6. The feathers and crosshatching look great. Can't wait to see this finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! I hope it looks good when it's all done. I tried a few different designs and not sure they look good together.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...