Sunday, August 4, 2019

More Long Time Gone and a Doily!

No photo description available.

These are 2 of the Pineapple Blocks I'm making for Long Time Gone. I have to make 14 more.

No photo description available.

I'm paper piecing them. I love the ease and proficiency of using paper. You just sew on the line and make sure the fabric is large enough to cover that particular area. I work on 2 blocks at the same time. They measure 5 1/2 inches square. Once these blocks are done, my blocks are complete and I can  start putting Long Time Gone together! 

No photo description available.

These 60 degree triangle pieces are also part of Long Time Gone. Each triangle unit measures 2 1/2 inches square. So close to finishing! So exciting!!

No photo description available.

I miss having hand work to do while watching television. I decided to knit a doily. I thought it would make a nice Christmas gift. It's very similar to knitting lace. My grandmother used to crochet doilies but I like to knit them. To each, his own!

6 comments:

  1. That quilt will be amazing...I don't know how you can make all those different parts and are able to choose such gorgeous colors that all go so well together--nice work..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment! I limit myself to my stash and try to not over think it! It somehow works. I'm really looking forward to putting this one together!

      Delete
  2. Love your long time gone. Will be pretty for sure. Knitting doilies. Hmmm.... i never thought of that. Like your pattern and yes my hands need to be busy too. Keeps me out of trouble ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I would rather knit than eat while watching TV. I bought a couple of Leisure Arts books from Amazon for knit doily patterns.

      Delete
  3. Those pineapple blocks are so tiny!! Congratulations on your patience for stitching these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maureen, I don't think they're that difficult! The pieces are small but they do get bigger as you make the block. I wish I didn't have to make 16 but I'll get there!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...