Thursday, August 29, 2019

I Like Thursday #16

Image may contain: house, plant, tree, sky and outdoor
  
I was off yesterday so we made a quick little trip to Ogunquit, Maine. We go every year. It's about an hour from my house. We always stop at Knight's Quilt Shop in Cape Neddick which is en route to Ogunquit. This is always our first stop!

Image may contain: indoor

The shop has a few special rooms that I love to visit. This little room up stairs has a nautical theme. There are some great panels and specialty fabrics. 

Image may contain: indoor

There are many finished quilts available for purchase. There are also all sorts of kits in this area.

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

I loved seeing this crib full of quilts. These quilts are all donations for the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital in Portland, Maine. It's part of Maine Medical Center. What a great cause to quilt for! I'll have to keep it in mind for my next visit. I'd love to contribute to this great cause.



No photo description available.

I almost forgot to post what I bought. I loved this cute little pattern. It's a great way to use up those fat quarters! And since I don't have enough, I bought more fat quarters!! They were too pretty to pass up! 

Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor

After keeping my husband waiting, we made our way to Perkins Cove in Ogunquit. It wasn't as busy as usual. I heard yesterday was the first day of school. It was a little cool but so nice to walk around.
We visited our favorite shops and found a nice place to eat a lobster roll.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, plant, tree, outdoor, nature and water

This was our view while eating our lunch. Such a great day! We made our way home in time for dinner.

I'll be linking up with LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color if you'd like to see more happy and positive posts. I wish you all a Happy Labor Day weekend! I'll be working most of it. It's my turn to work a summer holiday. 

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a cute quilt shop. Darn I missed it on my trip to Maine. Lobster rolls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband just pulls into Knight's whenever we go to Maine! I've got him trained!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! I'm sorry you have to work the whole weekend. It looks like you had a fabulous day of play! Beautiful pictures of the scenery and that quilt shop look so inviting from the outside. Lobster rolls - yum! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I'll try to make the most out of my weekend. I did have a great day in Maine!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely getaway...we love that area, too..I like your fabric purchases--really pretty pattern...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I love going there. I would love to live there at some point but so expensive!

      Delete
  4. What a fun day out and about! I love visiting special quilt shops when I'm traveling. We may be visiting Maine in 2020, so I'll put that area on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't miss Knight's Quilt Shop. I love shopping there!

      Delete
  5. Oh, so many pretty quilts and fabrics. Looks like a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great day out with your husband What could be better, quilting stores, a beautiful spot to enjoy and lobster!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect day! Thank you for sharing it with us! My husband and I used to go to Maine quite often, I forgot how wonderful the coastline looks, Love those rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maine coast is very distinctive! The water is so cold. We used to take the kids every summer and we'd never go in the water! It's very pretty and fun to visit.

      Delete
  8. Now thats a great day off. Hope your weekend is easy.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #230

 It's time for I Like Thursday! I posted quite a few pictures of the baby quilt I had recently made. Well, here it is being given to the...