Thursday, August 1, 2019

I Like Thursday #12

No photo description available.

Here's my mother's trunk after she restored it. She used sandpaper to get rid of  most of the old paint. It also ended up smoothing down the exterior. She painted it dark green which was the original color when she received it from her aunt. She replaced most of the brass screws. It looks so much better! Like new!

No photo description available.

She used wall paper for the interior. The old paper was in poor shape. She just wet it and removed it before adding this pretty wall paper. She's thinking of adding another coat of green paint but it's pretty much done! She loved working on it and I think she did a great job!

Image may contain: outdoor

We had a few old trees removed from our property this week. The guys in my neighborhood all came out to watch! I came home from work and was wondering what was going on. I didn't think it would be so popular.  We ended up having 4 trees removed. They were getting old. We were afraid they would damage our house if we got some strong winds. Better safe than sorry!

Image may contain: flower, plant, outdoor and nature

My daughter's friend brought over these beautiful sunflowers. They're so cheerful!

Image may contain: food

I finally bought these grapes. Everyone at work was talking about them. They really taste like cotton candy! They're a little pricey but well worth it.

I can't believe it's already August! The summer always seems to fly by. I hope you're all enjoying the warm weather. I still quilt in the summer. My house is air conditioned so the heat doesn't really bother me. 

I'll be linking up with LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color. Hope you check out her blog for more inspiration! Until next week!

16 comments:

  1. Your mom's trunk looks beautiful! I bet she enjoyed redoing it. I think the tree trimmers are pretty fascinating, too - we had them at our house last fall. Beautiful flowers! I love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diann. I'm going to show my mom the comments about her trunk. She'll be so happy to read them! I had not idea what was involved in taking down a tree. They use so much equipment!

      Delete
  2. Your Mom did a beautiful job on the trunk--that dark green is so pretty and the wall paper looks like an old timey pattern--
    Love the sunflowers..so cheery...thanks for sharing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! My mother is so happy with the way the trunk turned out. It looks so much better. I think it was a nice project for her to work on.

      Delete
  3. Oh the trunk turned out wonderfully! We tried the special grapes last year, but I haven't seen them here in the store yet this summer -- I'll have to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne! I'll let my mom know you liked it! I found the grapes in a very small display at the grocery store. I almost missed them!

      Delete
  4. The trunk came out great! The tree guys have an impressive truck - I can see why it drew interest. Love the sunflowers. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Rosemary. I've never seen these grapes...amazing what you can find these days. It is also amazing to watch these experts fell trees. We've needed them several times and it is worth watching. I think the trunk turned out great. I used to grow sunflowers at the old farm and my largest got to be 10 inches across. Hubby says that number grows with each retelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jocelyn, I'm sure your sunflowers were beautiful, not matter what size! I'm wondering if these grapes are new. I never remember seeing them either. My backyard is so much sunnier with those trees gone. I sort of miss them!

      Delete
  6. Your mom is very talented to restore that trunk to its former beauty. Great job Mom!!!
    Love those sunflowers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn! I'm going to show her your nice comment!

      Delete
  7. That trunk does look brand new. I would not have known otherwise if you hadn't told us! My husband abhors cotton candy - mainly because it gets all over you - but maybe he would consider it in the form of grapes! New to me - thanks for sharing! Joining you from I Like Thursday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, Angie! My mom is so happy with the way her trunk turned out. I plan on showing her all these nice comments.

      Delete
  8. Oh I love the trunk! What a great job she did on this and replacing the paper inside makes it perfect. Beautiful sunflowers, makes me long for Summer hree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen! My mom really enjoyed working on her old trunk. Our summer is winding down, unfortunately. It was actually cool this morning.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...