Thursday, August 8, 2019

I Like Thursday #13

Image may contain: house, car and outdoor

Since I'm on vacation this week, I made the annual pilgrimage to Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, NH. I didn't really have anything to buy but that didn't stop me!

No photo description available.

I bought this cute little pattern for 50 cents! I told the cashier that the pattern had an incorrect price on it but she told it was the right price.  I couldn't believe it! 

Image may contain: Pauline Rogers, smiling

I bought this gadget to help me when I make jelly roll rugs. I was told it can be used for binding also.

No photo description available.

I bought this little bundle of fat quarters. Also on sale! We ate at Hart's Turkey Farm after shopping. The weather was gorgeous and the shopping was great.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor, water and nature

We went into Boston today. This is the view from the Museum of Science. We decided to go there since it's so close to the highway. You don't really get into as much of the traffic since it's so close to the highway. We used to take our kids there and my parents used to take me and my brother there years ago.

No photo description available.

Here's a scene from the electricity area. The exhibits are the same but they have so much more interactive activities associated with each area. The kids were having a blast!

No photo description available.

I think this is the same dinosaur when I was little! He didn't look quite as large as I remembered!

No photo description available.

The Apollo exhibit was very busy! I think it's become so popular since the 50th anniversary. I did manage one picture without anyone around.

I hope you enjoyed my likes from this week. I'll be back to work on Monday. Vacations sure do fly by!

I'll be linking up with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color where you can see more likes from a wonderful group of bloggers! 


16 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fun trip! I love science museums and I especially love them when you have the right aged kids. My niece and nephew are 6/7 now, and they're the perfect age for most of the exhibits at our science museum. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a fun time, Shannon! We had no kids with us but we still enjoyed it! Thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a fun trip - something for everyone! Glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a nice week. Back to work and reality on Monday!

      Delete
  3. Great likes this week Rosemary--I've never been to Keepsake Quilting
    in NH--it used to be my fave catalogue to get in the mail...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love their catalog too! I've signed up for it but never seem to get it anymore. The shop is huge and a bit overwhelming. You should go if you ever get the chance. It's so pretty up there!

      Delete
  4. it's still my fave catalogue in the mail! I went there once and it's nearly overwhelmingly full of things to buy! I love Boston, used to visit my fiance/now husband while dating. Great purchases... great restraint! Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the catalog too but haven't received one in awhile. I could have bought more but tried to pace myself. I'll be going to a few more quilt shops over the summer. I went to school in Boston and loved living there.

      Delete
  5. Oh, it's so easy to buy when you don't need anything. lol. Always good stuff to find at the Science Museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a fun time last week. It's always fun to shop and not work!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a fun trip. Maybe I need to stop at Keepsake Quilting when I visit NH soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colette, you should go! It's a bit overwhelming but that's a good thing! So much to look at!

      Delete
  7. Love keepsake quilting
    Do they still have the knitting building next door? They sometimes do bus tours from here to there and the turkey farm. Great vacation and is that really all you got at Keepsake? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knitting store is gone. Pineapple Fabrics took it over. It's a store full of pre-cuts. I did buy something in there. Keepsake isn't owned by it's original owners anymore. They had a ton of fabric but I usually look in the sale room. The sale room doesn't exist anymore. The bargain fabric all looked quite old. It's still a nice quilt shop but not as nice as it used to be.

      Delete
  8. I love Boston and the museum too! Haven't been there in decades! You have wonderful purchases from the store~! Love the fabric!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...