Thursday, August 15, 2019

I Like Thursday #14

Image may contain: food

I try to follow the Paleo diet. It's the only way I can lost weight at my age. It works for me so I've kept it up for about 3 years. This is a Paleo Quiche. Ingredients include spinach, mushrooms, bacon and eggs. There is no crust or cheese. I followed a recipe but changed it up a little bit. It was so good! My family loved it and they aren't even Paleo!

No photo description available.

I love the look of Ribbon Candy! It's perfect in a narrow border or sashing. It's quick and pretty easy once you get the hang of it!

Image may contain: text

This is my latest read. I received an Advanced Reader's Copy. I thought it was a bit slow when I started reading it but not anymore! I think the author was laying the ground work for the rest of the book. It's so good! This book is historical fiction that takes place in Barbados during the 1800's. Lots of family secrets!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

This is one of my guilty pleasures. I always read the September issue of Vogue. It's thick and full of ads but it's great fun to leaf through. I'm not big into new fashion trends but this issue is full of info on what we can expect to see in clothes, makeup, hair etc. It's a nice diversion!

That's my likes for this week. I went back to work this week and had to work until 3:30 today. I'm posting this so late but I'm glad I got to share a few likes with you.

I'm linking up with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color. You can see a lot more positive and wonderful likes on her blog. Enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary, Enjoyed reading your likes this week. Beautiful quilting. I loosely follow paleo as well but I do practise intermittent fasting which works very well for me. I think everyone is different so what works for one may not for another. Anyway, your quiche looks delicious. I always get InStyle mag from the library and though I'm far from fashionable, I love looking through all the trends and suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment, Jocelyn! I follow Paleo closely sometimes and then take a little break. It has kept the weight off which is all I care about. It sounds like we think alike!

      Delete
  2. This is my first visit to your blog, and I've enjoyed the read. That quiche looks really good! I might have to pick up that issue of Vogue just for fun -- I'm clueless about fashion trends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I tend to dress the same year after year but it's fun to see what's new out there! I'm so glad you found my blog!

      Delete
  3. That quiche looks delicious. Your ribbon candy border is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks good--I've never tried the Paleo Diet--have tried Atkins but too restrictive for me...
    Beautiful Ribbon quilting work--so pretty...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I have modified Paleo so I can follow it a little better. I get more strict if I want to lose a few pounds. Whatever works is fine with me!

      Delete
  5. Love your ribbon quilting.so pretty. Paleo is good if you can do it. I am not an egg eater so I am more limited. I am trying whole 30. Almost the same. No processed anything even condiments.too much sugar in them. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dawn, I read somewhere that a few tablespoons of ketchup have as much sugar as a doughnut! Is that true?? Whole 30 is very close to Paleo. I do think they do work just not fun to diet!

      Delete
  6. Your ribbon is quilting is fabulous!! I make a similar quiche for my family but mine is because my hubby is gluten intolerant. Yours looks wonderful! Have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quiche looks yummy! The ribbon quilting is beautiful - I admire your skill in being able to make it happen. The book sounds interesting too! Hope getting back to work is going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diann! I'm settling back to working again. I think I like my time off better!

      Delete
  8. the paleo quiche looks amazingly good. LOVE looking thru Vogue, such dynamic artistic photos. Have you noticed a trend to unisex looks? sometimes I can't tell if a model is male or female... doesn't matter? Ribbon quilting is terrific, evenly done which I suspect I'd tire of repetition and get wonky!!
    Thanks for the book review... that was a very interesting time in history for the Islands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I agree that many looks are unisex. Things are much different than when I was growing up! I'm surprised how good that book turned out to be. I really wasn't crazy about it when I first starting reading it.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...