Thursday, August 22, 2019

I Like Thursday #15

No photo description available.

Welcome to I Like Thursday! This is my 14th post sharing happy and positive likes. I have this silhouette hanging on the wall of my formal dining room. It originally belonged to my Aunt Frances. She was my favorite aunt growing up. She was my dad's sister. When she passed away, my cousins gave me this as a remembrance of her. My aunt had 4 sons and didn't have anything too frilly around her house. I'm a little surprised she even had this little picture. I sort of smile to myself when I see it!

No photo description available.

I love antique quilts. I bought this at a quilt show about 10 years ago. It's a block from an old Dresden Plate quilt that was beyond repair. I like that they could save a block and make it into something somewhat useful. The colors are a little more pronounced in person.

Image may contain: food

Yesterday's dinner was Easy One Pan Chicken and Eggplant from Lexi's Clean Kitchen. This is a delicious recipe that takes no time to make. It's Paleo but no one in my family could tell! My husband is following Weight Watcher's and I think he told me it was 1 point. (If that's possible!!)

No photo description available.

I don't get too many quilt magazines anymore but I do get American Quilter. This month has so many great patterns. I love the articles as well as the quilts. You won't be wasting your money on this one. They have the cutest wallhanging that I'm thinking of making.. I'm not very artsy but I may try this one!

I'm linking with LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color. Check out her blog for more positive posts. You'll be glad you did!!

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely remembrance of your Auntie....
    That dish looks so yummy...I have been so disappointed in quilting mags lately--good to hear that this one is still good...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like everyone of the American Quilter magazines but this month was a good one! That website has other good recipes also. I like trying new dishes. I get sick of always having the same food.

      Delete
  2. 14th already! Time flies! The silhouette frame is so pretty and feminine... and I like things made from old quilts. I have a little bunny of wood, holding a scrap of old quilt, that sits on the hearth. I'll be right over for dinner, that's my kind of meal!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I feel old quilts should be used in anyway possible! Somebody put a lot of work to make it. I love meals all made in the same pan or casserole. It makes me think it's easier!

      Delete
  3. What a sweet remembrance of your aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great silhouette. That chicken eggplant dish looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful remembrance of your sweet Aunt! I love that you framed an otherwise unusable piece! Love eggplant, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your antique quilt piece in the frame! My dad did that with a wedding quilt made for my mom and him by my great grandmother. It was falling apart and unusable, so he cut it into pieces and framed them for my mom and all of us kids. It's a lovely thing to have from the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a nice way to save an old quilt! It's such a nice remembrance.

      Delete
  7. Your Aunts silouette is special. Love the quilted dresdan.fun fun and a one point we meal leaves room for a treat lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I enjoy sharing a few of the things I like!

      Delete
  8. What a fun list of likes. I especially like the idea of framing a quilt block.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...