Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Machine Quilting 1930's Farmer's Wife

No photo description available.

I made this quilt a few years ago. A friend asked me if I was interested in making a 1930's Farmer's Wife. It would be fun to work on our quilts together. So I bought the book and some 1930's fabrics. I got mine done but my friend stopped making hers after a few blocks. It's not my favorite quilt but I'm using this quilt to improve my stitching in the ditch on the longarm using rulers. I'm using rulers as well as a little free motion quilting.

No photo description available.

The fabric is very busy and it's a little difficult to see the quilting. 

No photo description available.

I'm also working on the outer border as I make my way down the quilt.

No photo description available.

Once the blocks are done being quilted, I'm going to make feathers running in between the blocks.

Image may contain: indoor

I still have to figure out how to quilt the half triangles next to the outer borders.

No photo description available.

I think I have plenty of time to figure that out!

No photo description available.

I'm looking forward to vacation so I can really make some progress on this quilt. I have a friend coming over soon with an antique quilt top she wants me to quilt for her. 

7 comments:

  1. Good for you hanging in there! Your quilting looks so pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm just hoping it comes out okay!

      Delete
  2. Looking good...I like the simple curves in the nine patch blocks. Suits it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! Sometimes, the simplest quilting seems to work the best.

      Delete
  3. Nice quilting. I especially like repro fabrics, both 30s and 1800s, so your quilt really appeals to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanne! I'm so glad that you like it. I love the 30s prints. They're so pretty.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...